At present, you will find that most restaurants prefer using copper pots and cookware. Even in some homes, people use copper pans to prepare food. You will get many benefits from using a copper pan. Copper pans are fantastic heat conductors. Being a good conductor of heat, they help evenly heat the surface of the pan. If you look on the other side, copper pans are one of the best cookware to adorn your kitchen. Egypt first observed the use of copper cookware items.
This cookware does not contain any chemicals or harmful items which can affect your health. Copper pans are no longer restricted among the chefs but many homemakers have started using it. They are delighted with the product. It is found that copper pans are good for your health and they are also responsible for making tasty dishes. These cooking tools are resistant to corrosion. Even if you use it for a long time, the item will never decay. As the heat spreads evenly on the pan, the food is cooked evenly. You will get copper pans of various designs and look. This will enhance the look of your kitchen.
Various Categories of Copper Pans
You will get various types of copper pans. It is now essential and trend using a copper pan. However, you will get many categories of copper pans. Here are some of the common ones.
- Non-stick hammered copper pans
It is one of the commonly used copper pans available in the market. It comes with a good coating of copper and helps in even heating the surface. The product is scratch-resistant. In some pans, you will get a lid along with the pan.
- Ceramic copper pan
They are the most used copper pan. It is a thermally efficient pan with an easy to clean facility. The pan also provides effortless cooking with easy handling process.
- Non-stick and oven safe copper pan
If you are searching for a copper pan that is safe to use on the oven, you will get many. The modern copper pans are oven-safe. With an oven-safe copper pan, you can place it even on a high flame to prepare a dish.
- Copper round-shaped pan
The round-shaped copper pan is another one on the list. The round shape of the pan will help in making any dish uniformly.
- Tin-coated copper pan
It is another copper pan found in the market. You may observe that a copper pan made with tin may get discolored after being used for a specific time. But they are safe and suitable for your health. Never try scrubbing the stains on the copper pan because it may remove the tin coating, which is harmful. Try using a sponge to clean the pan.
Best features of copper pans
If you plan to use a copper pan, you need to be well aware of its features. It will be great to know about its features.
- With the use of a copper pan you can make any dish gently and in the best possible manner. You must have seen that a copper products or utensils were used during the early days. It is always safe and suitable for your health. The use of copper was noticed right from the Bronze Age.
- The copper pans require less maintenance because of which the chefs including the homemakers much prefer it.
- If you use a copper pan for an extended time, you may observe some scratches or lines on the pan known as patina. Never try to remove it with scrubbers. This may damage the pan, including your health, once you start cooking food on the pan. Remember that copper is a sensitive material and cannot withstand any scratches.
- If you want to use the copper pan on the induction, make sure the product has “Prima Matera”. It means that the pan has a remarkable ferromagnetic base that will allow you to use the product on the induction tops. This base will allow you to use the product safely and prepare tasty dishes.
Uses of Copper pans
It must be known to you that copper cookwares have several uses.
- You can use these pans for making tasty dishes and items. Even a few days back these cookwares were found to be used in the kitchen, but now you can get them in many homes. They are hygienic for your health.
- You can also use these pans on high flame. It is normal if you notice some scratches or marks on the pan. No need to apply scrubbers on the pan because this may damage the pan to a great extent.
- The copper pans require little or less maintenance.
Benefits of Copper pans
You will feel great to know about the benefits and advantages of Copper pans. This is something exciting through which you will be able to buy the best one for your kitchen.
- Superior heating quality
One of the best benefits for which it is loved by most people is its uniform heating. Copper is eligible for the efficient transfer of heat five times than any other material. This metal is twenty times better than any other one. This will help in the proper preparation of the food.
- Ideal for cooking foods in low flames
It is also found that copper is good at conserving energy. It can prepare food even in low flames. Even while cooking food in intense flames, the copper pan or pot will not get burnt. This is another best advantage of using a copper pan for cooking any food items.
At present, it is necessary to take special care of the health because of the increase of deadly diseases. This is why most physicians refer their patients using copper pans. They have antibacterial properties which will prevent the spreading of germs. You must have also noticed the increased use of copper in the dairy and water pipes industry.
Durability is another plus point of using a copper pan or any cookware. The use of copper tools was also observed during World War II. They are robust, and you can use it for an extended period. You can still get some copper pans that were used during the ancient period. They are as new as they were during that time.
- Cost-effective cookware
Most copper cookware items are cost-effective products. You can get many items at a nominal price. This has allowed more and more people to use the items. It comes within the affordable range of the buyers.
- Vintage look
While using a copper pan, you can go back to the early days when people used these products. The vintage look of the cookware can enhance the look of your kitchen. No matter how expensive cookware you use, you will never get the aesthetic look that is available in copper cookware. Presently most domestic and commercial kitchens are getting flooded with varieties copper utensils. They are long-lasting and have a fantastic look which is essential.
- Good for health
If you are a health freak person, you must remove all your steel or plastic, or glass kitchenware and start using the copper ones. It will give you a healthy and active life. Copper has some extraordinary health benefits in human life.
So, it will be suitable if you start preparing dishes with copper cookwares. They are hygienic and safe in all aspects. If you look you will find that copper cookware and utensils has become the pinnacle of kitchenware. Looking back, copper replaced the stones during the early days. Thus, you can assume its age and qualities. It would help if you start using a copper pan in your kitchen.
Check About Other Pans:
Hi, my name is Ashley Robinson. I’m a food blogger and a part time chef in Food & Drink Junction, Denver. With my blog I’m sharing information & tutorials about different kinds of cooking pans.